How It Works
Here’s an overview of how our DPF cleaning system works:
We test all filters, before during and after cleaning. Due to the effectiveness of our pneumatic cleaning program, only 1 out of 8 filters require a thermal regeneration to burn off any remaining soot deeply set in the ceramic cell walls.
Air Flow Testing
Our tests are calibrated specifically for precision measuring of air flows on DPF filters.
Before and after measurements ensure warranty compliance.
Used by engine and truck OEMs as the standardized test bench.
Identifies defective filters.
Monitors filter performance and improvement at every stage of the cleaning process.
We use a controlled regeneration process, carefully programmed to deliver just the right amount
Our thermal process uses ambient air while heating. No air being pumped though the filter reduces
the risk of cracking the filter or causing thermal stress.
100% of soot is burned off during the thermal regeneration in the TrapBurner.
Soot & Dust Collection
Captures diesel particulate released from Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF) being cleaned using the FSX TrapBlaster Pneumatic Cleaner.
Automatic online self-cleaning cycle pulses dust out of internal filters to drop into the bottom Quick-Release Bucket while operating.
Two stage filtration.
FSX Cleaning Procedure
- Record owner and serial number.
- Inspect and test filter on FSX TrapTester; record defects, damage, and test results in ATR Performance database.
- Perform Stage 1 pneumatic cleaning of the filter using the FSX TrapBlaster. Inspect filter during cleaning process using built in filter failure diagnostic feature. Record defects.
- Test filter on FSX TrapTester. Compare results with FSX Baseline Matrix; determine status as Green Tag, Orange Tag, or Red Tag
- If Green Tag achieved record results, repackage and return to customer.
- If status is Orange Tag or Red Tag move filter forward into Stage 2 thermal cleaning using the FSX TrapBurner
- Perform second pneumatic cleaning on FSX TrapBlaster to blow out ash freed in Stage 2 thermal cleaning.
- Test filter for air flow on TrapTester; record results. Compare results with FSX Baseline Matrix; determine status as Green Tag, Orange Tag or Red Tag and attach tag with cleaning results
- Record results in database, repackage and return to customer.